Open Exhibition 2020
Hastings Open 2020: Entries are now closed
Applications for the Hastings Open 2020 have now closed. Thank you to all who entered. Due to a high number of applications, successful applicants of Stage 1 will be contacted the week commencing 2nd March 2020.
Hastings Open 2020 is for UK and international visual artists working in the following artistic mediums: painting, sculpture, ceramics, drawing, print, photography, digital, audio, mixed media, and video.
You can download a copy of the Hastings Open 2020 Exhibition Pack here.
The Hastings Open 2020 Exhibition Pack includes:
- Terms and conditions
- Application form and key dates overview
- Payment, sales and commission
- Marketing and promotion
- Hastings Museum & Art Gallery contact details
When will I know if I have been successful?
All artists will be notified by email on or before 31 March 2020.
Who is on the panel?
The panel of guest judges includes:
- Kate Adams - artist and CEO Project Art Works, Hastings, in collaboration with Ellen Prebble – artist-maker, Project Art Works, Hastings
- Kenton Lowe - blackShed gallery, Robertsbridge, East Sussex
- Patrick Adam Jones - Project 78 Gallery, St Leonards-on-Sea
- Phoebe Cripps – Assistant Curator at Hayward Gallery, London, and Associate Curator at Flatland, Hastings
Does Hastings Open 2020 have a prize?
Yes, there is a single prize comprising:
- A research residency at Hastings Museum & Art Gallery in 2020/21
- A solo exhibition at blackShed Gallery in 2021
- A production fee of £500
Key dates to remember
- Submission deadline: 23 February 2020
- All artists will be notified by email on or before 1 March 2020
- Exhibition dates: 2 May to 5 July