Collections Research and Enquiries
On this page you will find out about:
- The Local Studies Room
- How to make a Collections Enquiry
- What to do if you are considering a Research Project
- Our approach to working with Indigenous Communities
Local Studies Room
You can book a two-hour session to access the Local Studies collection for your research on Wednesday mornings from 10.30am-12.30pm or in the afternoon from 2-4pm. Bookings must be made at least one week in advance of your planned visit.
Alternatively, please call the Museum during opening hours on 01424 451052.
If you have a question about our collections please complete this enquiry form. If it takes us more than 30 minutes to find the answer, we may have to charge a fee. We will never charge you before we have asked if you would like to continue the research.
We like to support research projects using collections. If you are planning a project tell us as soon as possible so we can see if we can support your project.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us:
- What your project is about
- What collections you are interested in
- The support you would like from us
Unfortunately, we cannot support every project that we are asked to.