Plan your visit and book a free ticket
Notice to visitors: Our card machine in the shop has broken so we are only able to take cash at the moment. We are trying to get it repaired as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
We can't wait to welcome you back to Hastings Museum & Art Gallery! While we want your visit to be as exciting and educational as always, we have put in place a few additional measures for your safety and the safety of our staff.
- Reduced opening hours. The museum will be open Thursdays to Sundays from 10am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5pm. This gives us extra time to clean the building between the morning and afternoon sessions.
- Ticketed entry. You need to book a free ticket before visiting. You'll also need to select a time slot when booking.
Tickets are available online via the links below. If you can't book online call us on 01424 451052. For collection research visits please see here.
Click here for Sunday booking (priority time for elderly and most vulnerable people)
Covid-19 Reopening Measures
- Symptom free. If you or anyone you live with have shown symptoms of Coronavirus please delay your visit until it is safe to do so.
- NHS Covid-19 App. You can check-in at the museum using our official NHS QR code.
- Social distancing. We're helping you maintain distance from others by limiting the number of tickets available in each time slot. Please keep your distance from others around the Museum.
- Face masks. You must wear your face mask during your visit unless exempt. Children under the age of 11 are not required to wear a face mask.
- Hand sanitiser. Hand sanitiser stations will be available for you to use at regular intervals.
- Follow the route. We've created a one-way route around the Museum and put up some handy signs to help you follow it. Keep an eye out for the signs.
You can find more information in our Covid-19 Reopening Measures guide.
You can see how we are helping to reduce the risks associated with Covid-19 in our risk assessment.
You can see our Access Guide here that has been updated to include Covid-19 measures.