Plan your visit and book a free ticket
Notice to visitors on new national restrictions from 5th November:
In line with the government's recent announcement, Hastings Museum & Art Gallery will be closed from Thursday 5th November 2020. We have suspended all ticket bookings and planned activities for the duration of lockdown.
If you have booked to visit us you will receive an email via Eventbrite letting you know your booking has been cancelled. Please accept our apologies for cancelling your visit.
We will reopen once national restrictions have been lifted and local measures allow us to do so. In the meantime we will keep you updates through our social media accounts. We are on Twitter and Instagram using @hastings_museum and on facebook at www.facebook.com/hastingsmuseum.
We can't wait to welcome you back to Hastings Museum & Art Gallery! While we want your visit to be as exciting and educational as always, we have put in place a few additional measures for your safety and the safety of our staff.
- Reduced opening hours. The museum will be open Thursdays to Sundays from 10am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5pm. This gives us extra time to clean the building between the morning and afternoon sessions.
- Ticketed entry. You need to book a free ticket before visiting. You'll also need to select a time slot when booking.
Tickets are available online via the links below. If you can't book online call us on 01424 451052. For collection research visits please see here.
Due to the new four week lockdown, links to ticket booking have been removed temporarily until at least 2nd December 2020.
Click here for Thursday - Saturday booking
Click here for Sunday booking (priority time for elderly and most vulnerable people)
Covid-19 Reopening Measures
- Symptom free. If you or anyone you live with have shown symptoms of Coronavirus please delay your visit until it is safe to do so.
- NHS Covid-19 App. You can check-in at the museum using our official NHS QR code.
- Social distancing. We're helping you maintain distance from others by limiting the number of tickets available in each time slot. Please keep your distance from others around the Museum.
- Face masks. You must wear your face mask during your visit unless exempt. Children under the age of 11 are not required to wear a face mask.
- Hand sanitiser. Hand sanitiser stations will be available for you to use at regular intervals.
- Follow the route. We've created a one-way route around the Museum and put up some handy signs to help you follow it. Keep an eye out for the signs.
You can find more information in our Covid-19 Reopening Measures guide.
You can see how we are helping to reduce the risks associated with Covid-19 in our risk assessment.
You can see our Access Guide here that has been updated to include Covid-19 measures.